Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

If you read books on genetics, the so-called "experts" will tell you that babies get one half of their genes from their mother and one half from their father.  They have obviously never met Babykins, who I swear inherited approximately 90% of her genetic material from Hubbykins.

Let's start with the physical attributes.  Aside from her very pale skin and blond hair (I'll admit Hubbykins had blond hair as a baby, too, but I need to claim credit for a few things!), Babykins is the spitting image of her daddy.  She has beautifully curly hair, and everyone who sees the two of them together exclaims over how much she looks like Hubbykins.

The similarities don't stop there, though.  The other day we were in our bedroom, and Babykins was playing on the bed.  She crawled to the edge and, without looking, threw herself off the mattress, landed in a big pile of blankets, rolled down the pile, and ended on the floor on her back, arms splayed out, laughing and smiling.  As I hyperventilated, Hubbykins just laughed, explaining that she'd discovered the conveniently positioned pile of blankets days before and had been pulling this daredevil maneuver ever since.

As she got up and ran off to pull all of the clothes out of her dresser, I swear I heard Babykins laugh in an Australian accent.

Oy, oy, oy!

1 comment:

  1. This one made me laugh! I always wondered whether she'd develop a cute baby-Aussie accent. Apparently she's inherited a bit more than that!

    ReplyDelete