Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baby Boy Diapers

First, I would like to thank a good friend who suggested that since we live in Australia, Babyboo should more accurately be called Babyroo.  I love it!  The name is changed.

Babykins is mostly potty trained these days.  She still wears a diaper at night, and has the occasional accident during the day, but for the most part, she has joined the ranks of the toilet-using elite.

As a result, Hubbykins and I are a little out of practice when it comes to diapering...especially when it comes to diapering a new born.  How hard can it be, though, right?  We did it just 2 1/2 years ago, and teenage girls everywhere do it for $5 an hour.  It should be simple.

But it's not.

For the first week of his life, every diaper I put on Babyroo leaked.  Usually on me.  While we were nursing.  We went through a lot of clothes.

But the leaking wasn't really the hard part.  What really got us was that little boys have different parts than little girls.  And their parts can move.  Hubbykins and I have heard the stories of flying pee, so we've tried to be very attentive to covering Babyroo up while changing him.  It was going well.  We were successful diaper changers!

And then one day the cover slipped off.  As I waited for the inevitable pee assault, something surprising happened.  Instead of peeing on me or Hubbykins, Babyroo somehow managed to pee on his own face.  I had no idea this was possible.  Let the new round of parenting surprises begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment