Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A sink by any other name...

We've been doing a lot of traveling lately.  Although it can be difficult to adjust to new rooms and beds, Babykins has been a champ.

When we arrived at our hotel in Malaga last week, Babykins ran off to explore the room.  After checking the bed, the closets, and the balcony door, she went to take a look in the bathroom.  A few minutes later she came out looking quite proud.  She had somehow managed to wash her hands.

Knowing that the sink should have been too high for her to reach, Hubbykins and I went to check out the situation.  We discovered that our toddler had indeed discovered a "Babykins size sink" as she called it.  Unfortunately, we had another name for it...the bidet.

We spent the next 2 days trying to convince Babykins that it was not a sink, but there was no changing her mind.  Babykins took every opportunity to sneak away and wash her hands, and we spent our days guarding the bathroom.  Somehow, by the end of the visit, I felt like Babykins had both the cleanest and dirtiest hands possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment