Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All Grown Up?

I've been very sad lately to notice that Babykins has started calling me "Mom."  I loved being Mama.  I was surprised when she began calling me "Mommy," but it was still very cute.  But the introduction of "Mom" has made me realize that my baby is growing up.

She's taken it one step farther with Daddykins, though.  We were at the zoo a couple days ago, and I wanted to get Hubbykins' attention to point out the baby giraffe.  I was holding Babykins, so her head was right next to my face when I called out, "Hubbykins!" (OK, I actually called his name, so if you happen to know his name, picture that.  If you don't know his name, feel free to make one up.)  He didn't hear me, so I called again, louder.  He still didn't hear, so I called one more time.

Seconds later, I hear Babykins pipe up in her high-pitched voice, calling him by name, as well.  It was cute, and, I assumed, it was a one time event.

Since then, though, whenever Babykins reallllly wants Hubbykins' attention, she looks at him hard, takes a deep breath, and calls his name.

Talk about all grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment